Long Term Care Web Portal Project
While working closely with Florida on their evaluation project, both the portal and the partnership proved their usefulness when Hurricane Irma struck in September 2017.
To evaluate and improve the implementation of emergency preparedness web portals developed for long-term care facilities by examining the interactions between the emergency preparedness and response innovation dissemination and implementation support and delivery systems.
- Blake SC, Hawley JN, Henkel AG, Howard DH. Implementation of Florida Long Term Care Emergency Preparedness Portal Web Site, 2015 – 2017. American Journal of Public Health. 108, no. S5 (November 1, 2018): pp. S399-S401. DOI: 10.2105/AJPH.2018.304557.
- Blake, S. (2017). How Hurricane Irma Tested Emergency Preparedness Policy for Medically Vulnerable Populations. Medicare Care. September 22, 2017 Blog.
- LTC Emergency Preparedness Project Stakeholders Meeting, Long Term Care Emergency Preparedness: An Overview of Emory University Research, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, June 6, 2016, Sarah Blake, David Howard, Jonathan Hawley, Emory University.
- Georgia Health Care Association (GHCA) fall council tour presentation – 2016 GHCA Fall Council Emergency Preparedness Meetings, Emory University LTC Emergency Preparedness Project: An Overview, (Thomson, Athens, Cartersville, Macon, Tifton, Waycross, Stockbridge and Lagrange), October 26-November 7, 2016, Sarah Blake, David Howard, Jadesola Giwa, Jonathan Hawley.
- GHCA spring council tour presentation – 2017 GHCA Spring Council Emergency Preparedness Meetings, Emory University, Long Term Care Emergency Preparedness Project Update, (Cartersville, Lagrange, Thomson, Athens, Stockbridge, Tifton, Waycross and Macon), April 24-May 5, 2017, Sarah Blake, Jonathan Hawley.
- Florida Health Care Association (FHCA). Annual Conference 2017 presentation – FHCA Annual Conference and Trade Show, LTC Emergency Preparedness Planning in FL, Brief Research Results, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort, Orlando, FL, August 2, 2017, Jonathan Hawley.
- GHCA Summer Convention 2017 presentation – 2017 GHCA/GCAL Summer Convention, LTC Emergency Preparedness Planning in GA: Sharing Session with Emory University, Ritz Carlton Resort, Amelia Island, FL, June, 14, 2017, Sarah Blake, Jonathan Hawley.
- Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH). Emory Long Term Care (LTC) Emergency Preparedness Project. Friday Letter. September 29, 2017.
Learn more about the years of research that informed this project:
Visit our online archive