To explore ways to effectively utilize obstetric care practice websites for patient education, especially on topics like maternal vaccination and emerging infectious diseases.
- Lehnert JD, Ellingson MK, Goryoka GW, Kasturi R, Maier E, Chamberlain AT. Use of Obstetric Practice Websites to Distribute Zika Virus Information to Pregnant Women During a Zika Virus Outbreak. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 2017 Nov/Dec;23(6):608-613. doi: 10.1097/PHH.0000000000000537.
- Ellingson M., Bonk C., Chamberlain, A.T. A survey-based study of Zika Virus communication preferences among pregnant women in Georgia, United States. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. September 26, 2017; 17(1): 325. doi: 10.1186/s12884-017-1516-0.
- Ellingson M., Chamberlain, A.T. Beyond the verbal: Pregnant women’s preferences for receiving influenza and Tdap vaccine information from their obstetric care providers. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapuetics. January 9, 2018. doi: 10.1080/21645515.2018.1425114.
- Ellingson M, Chamberlain, AT. Zika Virus Communication Preferences of Pregnant Women. Poster presentation. 2016 Georgia OB/GYN Society Meeting, August 2016, Sea Island, GA.
- Goryoka GW, Chamberlain AT, Ellingson MK, Kasturi R, Lehnert JD, Maier E, Berkelman RL. 2016 American Society of Tropical medicine and Hygiene Annual Meeting. November 2016. Atlanta, GA.
- Chamberlain AT. Communicating Public Health Messages to Obstetric Patients. Oral presentation at Piedmont Hospital’s obstetric practices grand rounds. February 23, 2017.
- Chamberlain AT. Maternal vaccination research at Emory University: And overview of selected domestic projects. Oral presentation to Immunization Services Division, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA. March 16, 2017.
- Ellingson M and Chamberlain AT. Zika virus communication preferences of pregnant women. April 11, 2017. Poster presentation at the 2017 Annual Georgia Public Health Association Meeting and Conference. Atlanta, GA.
- Lehnert J., Ellingson M., Goryoka G., Kasturi R., Maier E., Chamberlain AT. From COT to POT: Considering the Utility of Provider Outreach Teams During Public Health Emergencies. Poster Presentation. 2017 NACCHO Public Health Preparedness Summit. April 2017, Atlanta, GA.
- Goryoka G.W., Kasturi R., Chamberlain A.T. A Different SORT of Help: Using Graduate Public Health Students During a Public Health Emergency. Poster Presentation. 2017 NACCHO Public Health Preparedness Summit. April 2017, Atlanta, GA.
- Chamberlain AT and Goryoka G. Providing for the Providers: Proactive outreach to the providers of vulnerable populations during a public health emergency. Sharing Session. 2017 NACCHO Annual Meeting. Pittsburgh, PA. July 12, 2017.
Learn more about the years of research that informed this project:
Visit our online archive